A failed legal bid to stop the removal of exotic trees on one of Tāmaki Makaurau’s volcanic cones has returned to the Court of Appeal, Newshub reports. The protest group Honour the Maunga, which had been occupying the Mt Albert site since November 2020, argues there had been no extensive consultation and explicit information about the removal of all of the exotic trees from Tūpuna Maunga Authority and Auckland Council.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid