Justice Geoffrey Venning has ruled that Eli Epiha will be sentenced for his murder charge on the basis that he meant to kill Constable Matthew Hunt, TVNZ reports. While Epiha pleaded guilty, he argued that it was not intentional and was a “reckless discharge of a weapon.” On October 1, Epiha will be sentenced for the murder conviction relating to Constable Matthew Hunt, as well as the attempted murder conviction relating to Constable David Goldfinch.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions