A flash new bike parking facility on Auckland’s North Shore, complete with charging and repair stations, CCTV and toilets, is missing one important thing – bicycles. NZ Herald reveals the bike park is part of the $36.1 million Toka Puia car park with 420 car parking spaces on Huron Street. Bike parking is free, with 56 parks for pedal bikes plus 28 charging stations e-bikes, two fully equipped bike repair stations, four toilets and CCTV for security. When the Herald visited there was just one electric bike parked in a corner.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions