The Ministry of Health has been urged to immediately scrap the Covid-19 “close plus” and “casual plus” contact classifications introduced earlier in the year, as they cause confusion, Stuff reports. The recommendation came from one of independent advisory groups headed by Sir Brian Roche in a report released on Thursday, reviewing the Auckland February outbreak and New Zealand’s current Covid-19 outbreak response capability. The report also found issues with consistent, coherent messaging and raised questions about the country’s ability to handle a large outbreak.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’