The Ministry of Health has been urged to immediately scrap the Covid-19 “close plus” and “casual plus” contact classifications introduced earlier in the year, as they cause confusion, Stuff reports. The recommendation came from one of independent advisory groups headed by Sir Brian Roche in a report released on Thursday, reviewing the Auckland February outbreak and New Zealand’s current Covid-19 outbreak response capability. The report also found issues with consistent, coherent messaging and raised questions about the country’s ability to handle a large outbreak.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions