Controversial Auckland businessman Leo Molloy has announced his intention to run for Auckland Mayor in 2022, Newshub reports. He has already outlined his plans to clear out the council and crack down on “woke pretentious white whinging wankers.” Molloy, who owns the popular bar-cum-restaurant HeadQuarters, has cultivated a reputation as a contentious character, making numerous headlines over the years for his caustic takes on Labour Party politicians, veganism, and media personalities.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions