A city golf club has seen an exodus of members, after part of the course was deemed off-limits by Auckland Council for safety reasons, Stuff reports. About 130 golfers decided not to renew their membership due to the closure of three holes, according to club treasurer Richard Quince. Sections of the course were closed in April following reports of golf balls striking traffic on an adjacent motorway.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid