Auckland’s Downtown Programme was completed last week, with Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern in attendance to mark the occasion, Auckland Council announced. The six projects reflect an investment of $350 million by Auckland Transport and Auckland Council, $42 million of which was provided by the government. The programme created a generous and welcoming destination along the water’s edge that is recognisably Tāmaki Makaurau. The space is designed to strengthen people’s connection with the Waitematā Harbour.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions