Auckland commuters may have to pack into trains half the normal size following an incident that damaged 19 trains on Wednesday, Stuff reports. However, an Auckland Transport (AT) spokesman said he expected smaller trains would suffice as commuter numbers were down due to more people working from home and lower student numbers. He also noted that engineers worked overnight fixing nine of the 19 trains, allowing AT to run a full schedule on Thursday afternoon.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions