Auckland Unlimited chief executive Nick Hill says the city wouldn’t have hosted the America’s Cup had it known the outcome beforehand and that it would be rocked by a global pandemic, NZ Herald reports. According to Hill, the America’s Cup was not immune to Covid-19’s economic impact. Hill also added that the hesitancy of hosting major events won’t necessarily be due to the ramifications of the America’s Cup and the significant deficit, but more because of the challenges of tourism and travel more generally.
- Auckland lockdown: More than half of students drop off radar at some schools
- Fire crews tackle large blaze at house in Sandringham, Auckland
- TV scientist Nanogirl inundated with vaccine questions from ‘petrified’ teachers
- 285 bids over 81 minutes: Inside the exhausting battle to buy an Auckland home
- Minimum wage earners, pensioners no longer qualify for legal aid