Kerstine May Ceballos Egot, an Auckland rest home worker, has been ordered to leave New Zealand after unknowingly getting caught up in an Australian border worker’s scam, Stuff reports. Egot, a Filipino citizen, is among a raft of people affected by the actions of Australian immigration official Alex Escala Allan. In 2015, Allan was sentenced to eight months in prison after taking $563,290 in bribes in exchange for issuing Australian visas to 59 Vietnamese and Filipino families. In 2016, his sentence was lengthened to 15 months.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions