Annie Chen was sentenced to nine months’ home detention for defrauding $600,000 from property investors, but NZ Herald revealed she is serving home detention in a luxury $10 million Remuera mansion owned by Singapore-based businessman, Yifei Sheng. Chen was charged with obtaining by deceit after telling buyers in a Pokeno property development scheme they needed to pay $100,000 in cash, on top of the purchase price, as commission fees to ensure the deals went through. But a judge found she had illegally pocketed the money, motivated by greed.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions