While many have returned to their homes or found accommodation elsewhere, a dozen households are still in temporary housing provided by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) due to the June tornado that tore through Papatoetoe, Stuff reports. Following inspections, Auckland Council building surveyors have dropped the number of uninhabitable homes to 11, while residents of another 63 homes have restricted access to their houses.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions