Last week’s police chase culminated with a man pulling a woman from her car and holding a gun to her head before fleeing in her car, NZ Herald reports. The incident began when the man stole a white BMW from a car yard in Central Auckland, with police being called and giving chase. The offender then crashed into a second car and pointed his gun at the head of its driver, before police shot and wounded him, allowing the driver to escape. Assistant Commissioner Richard Chambers said support was being offered to both motorists, who had described the ordeal as one of the worst days of their lives.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions