It is now up to a jury to decide whether it believes that the man who shot a police constable four times intended to kill him, Stuff reports. Eli Bob Sauni Epiha, 25, has admitted murdering Constable Matthew Hunt with a military-style semi-automatic rifle, and dangerous driving causing injury to a member of the public on June 19, 2020. Epiha, however, denied attempting to murder Constable David Goldfinch, and has been on trial over the incident in West Auckland for the past two weeks.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’