It is now up to a jury to decide whether it believes that the man who shot a police constable four times intended to kill him, Stuff reports. Eli Bob Sauni Epiha, 25, has admitted murdering Constable Matthew Hunt with a military-style semi-automatic rifle, and dangerous driving causing injury to a member of the public on June 19, 2020. Epiha, however, denied attempting to murder Constable David Goldfinch, and has been on trial over the incident in West Auckland for the past two weeks.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions