Franklin Local Board has announced that the end of the line for the Glenbrook Vintage Railway (GVR) should be further along than it currently stands, Stuff reports. The tourist attraction’s leaders want to extend the line from its Victoria Ave station terminus to Waiuku’s nearby Tamakae Reserve. The move would require Auckland Council leases to cover the tracks over Lions Lake to Kitchener Rd as a first stage, and then on across Centennial Park.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions