Viral winter illnesses are on the rise and creating havoc in Auckland emergency departments, bringing concerns it will only get busier for front-line medical workers, RNZ reports. Auckland regions’ public hospitals and primary healthcare providers have been overwhelmed by patients with viruses, including RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus). The virus causes infections of the lungs and respiratory tract, and can affect both children and adults.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions