The annual Auckland Diwali Festival will be held this year over October 30-31, and the call is out for performers and stallholders, Stuff reports. Last year the popular annual Hindu festival of lights was not held in the city because of Covid restrictions, but an Auckland Unlimited spokesperson said things were expected to be “as normal” this year. Festival goers can experience and celebrate traditional and contemporary Indian culture, energetic dance performances and Indian delicacies – all ending with a spectacular fireworks display on Sunday evening. Potential stallholders have until August 8 to apply here.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions