The annual Auckland Diwali Festival will be held this year over October 30-31, and the call is out for performers and stallholders, Stuff reports. Last year the popular annual Hindu festival of lights was not held in the city because of Covid restrictions, but an Auckland Unlimited spokesperson said things were expected to be “as normal” this year. Festival goers can experience and celebrate traditional and contemporary Indian culture, energetic dance performances and Indian delicacies – all ending with a spectacular fireworks display on Sunday evening. Potential stallholders have until August 8 to apply here.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids