Auckland councillor Efeso Collins received death threats after criticising a reality police TV show, and says it’s made him reconsider his future in politics, Stuff reports. Collins disclosed the death threats during a church conference at Auckland’s Spark Arena on Saturday. He revealed that the threat was made six weeks ago via the police’s anonymous tip line, and came after his suggestions TVNZ’s Police Ten 7 programme was reinforcing negative stereotypes about Māori and Pacific peoples.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions