More than 50 Auckland residents have sought aid from a mayoral relief fund to cover costs from the Papatoetoe tornado in June, RNZ reports. 63 houses have serious damage, 11 houses remain uninhabitable and 39 people from 16 households are in temporary accommodation while their homes are being repaired. Auckland Council has paid out 47 grants ranging between $300 and $15,000 and it is assessing four more applications. That is in addition to 429 Civil Defence payments totalling nearly $100,000.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions