Auckland Airport, the country’s biggest airport, is preparing for its busiest day since Covid-19 clamped down on travel, as people make the most of the school holidays, RNZ reports. The airport expects 28,000 people to travel via its domestic terminal on Friday (the highest number since last March), and more than 700,000 arrivals and departures through its domestic terminal in July – a 44 percent increase on last year. Airlines have responded by putting on more services.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’