Auckland Airport, the country’s biggest airport, is preparing for its busiest day since Covid-19 clamped down on travel, as people make the most of the school holidays, RNZ reports. The airport expects 28,000 people to travel via its domestic terminal on Friday (the highest number since last March), and more than 700,000 arrivals and departures through its domestic terminal in July – a 44 percent increase on last year. Airlines have responded by putting on more services.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions