A young married couple started their Sunday morning learning they were $17.16 million richer, Stuff reports. The couple, who want to remain anonymous, won Powerball First Division in Saturday night’s draw after buying their ticket from West City Lotto in Henderson. “Family is incredibly important to us, so we want to make sure the win lasts for generations,” the husband said. “We are just so excited to be able to set up our family for the future – we feel so incredibly lucky.” Lotto said this was the 13th Powerball winner and the second-biggest for 2021.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’