A young married couple started their Sunday morning learning they were $17.16 million richer, Stuff reports. The couple, who want to remain anonymous, won Powerball First Division in Saturday night’s draw after buying their ticket from West City Lotto in Henderson. “Family is incredibly important to us, so we want to make sure the win lasts for generations,” the husband said. “We are just so excited to be able to set up our family for the future – we feel so incredibly lucky.” Lotto said this was the 13th Powerball winner and the second-biggest for 2021.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions