Aucklanders should brace for a 7% price hike in water and wastewater services starting July 1st, Auckland Council announces. According to Watercare Chief Executive Jon Lamonte, the latest Asset Management Plan will soon be published, detailing how Watercare will invest an average of $2.5 million every day for the next 20 years. Infrastructure growth charges will increase by 12% from 1 July 2021, followed by proposed annual increases of 8% through to 2027.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions