Ngāti Pāoa members occupying a site at Putiki Bay on Waiheke Island are vowing to stay put until the resource consent for the development of a marina is revoked, Newshub reports. According to the Ngāti Pāoa members, they were not consulted appropriately about the marina being led by developer Kennedy Point Boatharbour Ltd. Resource consent was initially granted to Kennedy Point Boatharbour Ltd by Auckland Council in 2016.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions