Auckland’s four primary schools will soon be a safer destination for children and parents, with new 30km/h school zone speed limits, Auckland Council announces. Auckland Transport’s Safe School Speeds programme includes Grey Lynn Primary, Glenfield Primary, Birkdale Primary and Summerland Primary schools. The project will introduce new speed measures such as kerb extensions, speed bumps, and painted surfaces to keep children safe. Trials start this month.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions