A relief fund for victims of the Auckland tornado has doubled to $200,000, Stuff reports. Auckland Council and the government have contributed $100,000 each to help tornado-stricken families recover from the freak storm. The fund is additional to funds available through the Ministry of Social Development for people who need help – regardless of whether they are on a benefit or not.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions