The first new council-owned community facility to open in the Waitākere Ranges for over a decade has officially been handed over to its tenants, Auckland Council announces. Waitākere Ranges Local Board Chair Saffron Toms said being able to open a facility for community use is a rare privilege . The new council-owned facility was previously an old schoolhouse building on the Piha Wetland which was purchased by the council from the Ministry of Education in 2017.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions