Former All Black Sir Wayne ‘Buck’ Shelford and tennis legend Dame Ruia Morrison are among the top recipients for the 2021 Queen’s Birthday Honours, Stuff reports. The pair were on a list of 170 award recipients named in this year’s honours on Monday. One winner whose name was not given due to security reasons is ‘Serviceman M’. The Defence Force officer was awarded a Distinguished Service Decoration for his role leading the team who recovered bodies from Whakaari White Island after the 2019 eruption tragedy that killed 22 people.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions