Parents and residents have expressed concerns regarding a proposal to house recent parolees at a house within walking distance of two south Auckland schools, Stuff reports. Among the parolees are those with a history of sexual offences against children. Nine men are expected at the residence, where Corrections will provide “wrap-around” services to reintegrate the parolees into the community. The Department of Corrections has defended the proposal, saying if it goes ahead there will be safeguards in place to protect children and residents.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions