Auckland Council has backed up faster moves to reduce the use of private cars and expand funding for better public transport services, in light of the big Climate Change Commission report, Newsroom reports. With the Ministry’s suggestion of a go-hard-and-go-early approach, Aucklanders should brace for this major upheaval as the council prepares to toughen its own language around cutting private car use markedly in the next decade.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions