Waka Kotahi is considering the possibility of converting a traffic lane on Auckland’s Harbour Bridge into a cycle way, but cannot say how far off a decision is, RNZ reports. Hundreds of bikes pushed past a police cordon and pedalled across the Bridge on Sunday, forcing lane closures. The government’s slow action on SkyPath plan have stirred up frustrations, according to Auckland Councillor Chris Darby, but Waka Kotahi’s Brett Gliddon says that freeing up a lane for bikes is not that easy.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions