An eight-hour strike by nurses at public hospitals and DHB facilities is set to go ahead today, after the New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) voted to reject a second offer that did not address “serious nursing workforce issues” and pay rates”, TVNZ reports. Nurses will walk off the job in protest from 11am to 7pm on Wednesday 9 June. Patients affected by the strike are being contacted, and those needing urgent medical attention shouldn’t delay seeking help.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions