Hibiscus and Bays Local Board officially openeda new basketball half court located at Freyberg Park, Browns Bay, on 29 May, Auckland Council announced. The $139,373 project saw the court, hoop, backboard, footpath, fence, bench and rubbish bin installed in December 2020, followed last month by landscaping. In 2019, both Sherwood and Freyberg parks were considered as options, but most of the public supported the Freyberg location as being near shops, public transport and other facilities for sports such as bowls, squash and rugby.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids