Hibiscus and Bays Local Board officially openeda new basketball half court located at Freyberg Park, Browns Bay, on 29 May, Auckland Council announced. The $139,373 project saw the court, hoop, backboard, footpath, fence, bench and rubbish bin installed in December 2020, followed last month by landscaping. In 2019, both Sherwood and Freyberg parks were considered as options, but most of the public supported the Freyberg location as being near shops, public transport and other facilities for sports such as bowls, squash and rugby.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions