National North Shore MP Simon Watts has stepped in to draft an amendment bill aimed at removing the section stipulating what the Bayswater clubhouse may be used for and allowing the club to make more than “peppercorn” rent, Stuff reports. The new wording from the amendments would allow the Takapuna Boating Club to take on paying tenants, generate income and return the building to public use. Without that change, Takapuna Boating Club fears the building and its history will be lost.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions