South Auckland leaders were disappointed with the government’s announcement to end the Mill Road project, Auckland Council reports. Auckland Deputy Mayor and Franklin Ward Councillor Bill Cashmore understand costs have ballooned to $3.5 billion, but says residents are unhappy the project has stopped. Funding is now focused on safety upgrades to Mill Road’s northern section, public transport, and walk and cycleways around Drury.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids