South Auckland leaders were disappointed with the government’s announcement to end the Mill Road project, Auckland Council reports. Auckland Deputy Mayor and Franklin Ward Councillor Bill Cashmore understand costs have ballooned to $3.5 billion, but says residents are unhappy the project has stopped. Funding is now focused on safety upgrades to Mill Road’s northern section, public transport, and walk and cycleways around Drury.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions