The man who died in hospital after being found unresponsive in police custody has been named as Taranaki Fuimaono, Newshub reports. According to Supt Karyn Malthus, the 43-year-old died in Auckland Hospital after his arrest on Saturday evening. A critical incident investigation is underway into the circumstances surrounding Fuimaono’s death, and the matter has been reported to the Independent Police Conduct Authority.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions