A 31-year-old man was arrested after assaulting a police officer on Auckland’s Karangahape Road over the weekend, RNZ reports. Police were dealing with a group who were fighting at about 3:30am, when a 31-year-old man who was not involved in the initial incident, came up and hit the officer from behind. Bystanders and security guards intervened to help the officer and catch the man. The police officer was hospitalised suffering a serious concussion and is in a stable condition.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions