Four cleaners are pleading with the Auckland school they’ve worked at for the past six years to let them keep their jobs, TVNZ reports. The cleaners, whose contract was not renewed by their employers, felt hurt and betrayed when the cleaning contract was awarded to a franchisor instead. Under Part 6A of the Employment Relations Act 2000, special protection is given to specific workers like cleaners when an employer’s business is restructured and work is assigned to a new employer.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions