Two northbound lanes on the Auckland Harbour Bridge were closed on Sunday morning due to hundreds of cycling protesters, Newshub reports. A ‘Liberate the Lanes’ rally was held at Point Erin Park below the bridge, calling for a three-month trial of a cycle lane. Following the protest, dozens of cyclists went past a police barricade and made their way across the bridge, breaching the cordons put up by police officers. There were no reported injuries.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions