Patients, staff, and people visiting loved ones have paid more than $31 million in car parking fees at Auckland District Health Board hospitals in the past three years, NZ Herald reveals. Cash-strapped DHB’s rely on parking fees to boost revenue, but access to healthcare was flagged as a major problem in the Government-funded review that led to the country’s biggest-ever health shakeup. Figures show $10,259,347 (incl. GST) was collected from Auckland DHB parking fees in 12 months.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’