An unprecedented High Court action against Auckland Council over the pedestrianisation works on Queen St has been dropped, after a settlement was reached with aggrieved landlords and small businesses, NZ Herald reports. On Monday evening, Save the Queen Street Society (SQSS) paused its High Court proceeding against Auckland Council and Auckland Transport which it says had already cost it $500,000.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions