West Auckland suburban residents and business owners are up in arms over a council-led trial to increase safety and beautify its town centre, Stuff reports. Panuku’s Henderson Streets for People trial, expected to run from mid-May to the end of July, has seen a number of “temporary” changes made to roads, but locals say the trial has messed with livelihoods due to a substantial drop of customers in the area.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions