Under a new plan to protect Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf, trawl fishing will be restricted and marine protection areas will be expanded almost threefold, Stuff reports. The new strategy was released by Minister for Oceans and Fisheries David Parker and Acting Minister for Conservation Ayesha Verrall on Tuesday. The Hauraki Gulf stretches from Mangawhai, north of Auckland, to Waihi on the Coromandel Peninsula, and covers 1.2 million hectares of ocean.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions