People buying new electric vehicles (EVs) will be eligible for a discount of up to $8625 from July, as part of a government initiative to get more people into cleaner cars, reviving a plan from last term that was ultimately blocked by NZ First, Stuff reports. The Clean Car Discount scheme was unveiled by Transport Minister Michael Wood and Climate Change Minister James Shaw on Sunday.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions