People buying new electric vehicles (EVs) will be eligible for a discount of up to $8625 from July, as part of a government initiative to get more people into cleaner cars, reviving a plan from last term that was ultimately blocked by NZ First, Stuff reports. The Clean Car Discount scheme was unveiled by Transport Minister Michael Wood and Climate Change Minister James Shaw on Sunday.
- In praise of public libraries, and those who work in them
- Costco’s $100 million Auckland store delays opening
- Consulting Group says New Zealand’s brand has never been stronger
- Auckland man allegedly behind prolific graffiti tag ’caused $250k in damage’
- Why the bank of mum and dad is now moving in with the kids