One of Auckland’s biggest public transport projects, the $1.4 billion Eastern Busway, will take an extra two years to finish due to a council funding squeeze, NZ Herald reports. Auckland Transport (AT) announced the delay last week to councillors as they approved the 10 Year Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP) ahead of its final signoff by AT directors on Monday. While the early part of the four-stage project is almost complete, Stage 4 is now not expected to be finished, including the Botany Bus Station, until 2028.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions