Four years of court battles against a marina at Waiheke’s Kennedy Point have come to an end, as Save Kennedy Point (SKP) and Kennedy Point Boatharbour Limited (KPBL) settle out of court, Stuff reports. The settlement has ensured the protection of the kororā, little blue penguins, that were at the centre of a recent High Court fight. Save Kennedy Point (SKP) has therefore withdrawn its court proceedings, meaning construction work will soon begin again.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions