Four years of court battles against a marina at Waiheke’s Kennedy Point have come to an end, as Save Kennedy Point (SKP) and Kennedy Point Boatharbour Limited (KPBL) settle out of court, Stuff reports. The settlement has ensured the protection of the kororā, little blue penguins, that were at the centre of a recent High Court fight. Save Kennedy Point (SKP) has therefore withdrawn its court proceedings, meaning construction work will soon begin again.
- Seven sharks found dead at Auckland beach
- Suburb Spotlight: Why you should visit Kingsland, Auckland
- Kiwis pledge to buy Whittakers to annoy people angered by te reo rebranding
- Auckland businesses back ACT’s plan for instant penalties for young offenders
- Auckland mayoralty race becoming ‘a cult of personality’