Since the start of 2020, Immigration New Zealand has used fake social media accounts to secretly watch suspected offenders, Newsroom reports. According to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE), it had used false personas 426 times in the past 15 months. In July 2019, MBIE developed a set of guidelines for using social media in investigations which list four tiers of social media and various checks and balances around each.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions