An elderly couple has been found dead in a suspected murder-suicide, Stuff reports. Police were called to south Auckland’s Pukekohe shortly after 3pm Wednesday, where they found two people dead at a home. On average there are 70 homicides in New Zealand each year. The rate of 1.6 homicides per 100,000 people is above the OECD median of 0.95 per 100,000. Resources and support include Lifeline, Suicide Crisis Helpline (0508 828 865) and Rural Support Trust.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions