The possibility of the Delta variant of Covid-19 spreading in New Zealand is concerning, because it is 50 to 100 percent more infectious, according to University of Otago evolutionary virologist Jemma Geoghegan, RNZ reports. Geoghegan also said UK data suggested the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines offered the same level of protection against the Delta variant as other strains.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions