Just 10 out of 4500 MIQ guest rooms have ventilation filter units installed, despite the pledge to improve systems following airborne transmission, Stuff reports. New data also shows 40% of shared spaces in MIQ facilities, such as testing rooms, still lack air filtration units. This is despite Managed Isolation and Quarantine Brigadier, Jim Bliss, stating on 3 June that a programme of extensive ventilation remediation was underway, following cases of in-facility transmission at facilities in Auckland.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions