Stamford Plaza on Albert St in Auckland, one of the supercity’s managed isolation facilities, has agreed to start paying its employees the living wage, Stuff reports. It will also be back-paying eligible staff any difference in their earning to May 1st. The living wage is currently $22.10 per hour but is set to increase to $22.75 from September.
- Auckland and Northland hotels will allow only fully vaccinated guests
- St Heliers footpath protesters don’t let lockdown get in way of halting digger
- Poorly vaccinated south Auckland suburbs pass 50 per cent double-dosed
- Covid-19: Survivor says virus had him ‘boiling from the inside’
- Wrestling with forestry decisions